At first I had intended this shot to be more of a dark image but when I uploaded the first image from this series someone had said that it reminded them of Tangled! Thus I decided to do a warmer and less dark version.
1. Original Image
2. This step involved retouching the eye including;
- Reducing/removing veins
- burning the eyelashes to enhance them
- reduce the yellow
- used a paintbrush at a very low opacity to paint on some skin over the bags
- I placed another hair image that I had from the same shoot to fill in around my nose
- Clone stamped a bobby pin
- used dodge to bring out some highlights in hair Eye
~ Copied around the iris and created a new layer via copy
- Used filter "Smart Sharpen" at 70% and radius of 25. Adjusted opacity as desired
- erase around iris to blend into image below.
- Used a brush on a very low opacity to colour the iris blue (blending mode colour)
3. Raised the midtones in the image
4. Added Layer Mask "Photo Filter" in an orange.
- set to screen of 32% opacity
5. Added "Levels" layer mask and raised levels as desired.
6. Added "Colour Balance" layer mask to take some of the yellow out of the skin (put the sliders to the bluer side)
- painted with black on the layer mask on the hair because I want don't want that adjustment to effect it.
7. Added "Curves" layer - Raised highlights and midtowns, lowered shadows to increase contrast
8. Added "Gradient Map" layer mask with yellow to orange and set to Ovarlay. (To make hair more vibrant). Set to overlay and 15% opacity - Painted with black on skin to ensure it isn't effected 9. Added "Color Fill" layer mask with blue and applied to entire image at 17% opacity. I added my logo and set the logo to Overlay ( I think Overlay makes the logo look nicer! ) All done! Feel free to ask any questions you may have or comment as you please!